This page lists contact information for current professional KATA members who are accepting referrals. KATA does not endorse any specific individual or business, but invites interested individuals to contact these professionals directly. Therapists are listed by city and in alphabetical order according to last name (A-Z). Any eligible, current KATA art therapist is welcome to join the list. If you are a current KATA member and would like your information listed here please contact email@example.com.
Kansas City Metro:
- Amber Dalzell, MS, LCPC, ATR-BC, Art of the matter, LLC, (913)732-0622, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.artofthematterllc.com
- People of all ages who struggle to open up through traditional psychotherapy benefit greatly from Art Therapy. Together we will develop a plan uniquely suited to your lifestyle and personal goals to find what empowers you to become more of who you desire to be. Art therapy is not intended to create works of beauty, but rather to offer an alternative method of expressing thoughts and feelings that can be difficult to do verbally. My passion comes from the belief that a guided art making process, with support from a trained Art Therapist, restores well-being.
- Michelle Hamilton MS, LPC, ATR, NCC, Licensed Qualified Mental Health Professional, Registered TF-CBT, Futures, Truman Medical Center Behavioral Health (Kansas City, MO), (816) 404-6263, email@example.com, www.tmcmed.org,
- Michelle works with youth ages 4-25 providing individual and family therapy, art therapy and play therapy services to help individuals and families address stress, loss, abuse, transition, behavioral issues, school problems and other problematic behaviors. Michelle accepts most insurance plans including Medicaid. Michelle is working on her certification in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and is qualified to work with youth with a variety of traumas and losses. Michelle is also qualified to work with kids who are sexually reactive.
- Sherri Jacobs, MA- ATR, Heartland Art Therapy, InterUrban ArtHouse (Overland Park, KS), 913-485-2367 firstname.lastname@example.org, www.heartlandarttherapy.com
- Sherri provides art therapy services to people of all ages. She is a Kansas Supreme Court Approved mediator and provides mediation services for people experiencing conflict. Sherri also provides workshops specific to your needs and corporate team building events. The first consultation is free of charge.
- Robert Lackie, MS, MA, ATR-BC, LPC, TLMFT (Overland Park, KS), 913-963-6850Â , email@example.com,
- Mr. Lackie works with clients of all ages and needs, primarily on an individual basis plus couples and family therapy. Art therapy supervision services are also available.
- Carol N. Mullenioux, ATR-BC, LCPC, BCPCCÂ (Olathe, KS), (913)764-5463, *112 ; firstname.lastname@example.org, www.lifelinecounselingcenter.org
- Lifeline Counseling Center ~ Providing quality professional Christian counselingto the greater Kansas City area since 1991. Carol serves females, ages sixteen & older, w/ a wide variety of concerns, from mood disorders & self-view challenges through the most intense types of trauma recovery. She utilizes a very eclectic approach, through a Christian lens, that offers information about healthier self & relational development as well as effects of our biology upon us, but also fosters connecting w/ our emotions, difficult life experiences & how to externalize about them in ways that afford us more functional living. Thinking constantly as an art therapist, through very visual & tactile perspectives, Carol facilitates these processes encouraging basic material use. EMDR is an additional processing modality in which she is trained.
Lawrence or Kansas City:
- Paula Acheson, MS, ATR-BC, Anima Mundi Studios (Lawrence), phone or text: 785-393-7826, email@example.com, www.animamundistudios.com
- Individual, family or group art therapy in Lawrence. Contracts, consultations and workshops as well as in-home services available in Kansas City
- Cara Weeks Neuburger, ATR, LCPC
Sunflower Art Therapy, 841 1/2 Massachusetts St., Suite C, Lawrence KS 66044, (785) 424-7410, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.sunflowerarttherapy.com
- Cara is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and Registered Art Therapist providing art therapy services to children, youth, and adults. She additionally provides family education services for individual coping with mental illness and post-graduate supervision for counselors and art therapists. Contact Cara for information on insurances accepted.
- Expressive Therapies, Valeo Behavioral Health Care (Topeka, KS), email@example.com, 785-233-1730
- The Expressive Therapies Program at Valeo Behavioral Health Care offers a wide range of art therapy and music therapy services for adults. Contact to learn about services, insurances accepted (Medicaid/Kancare and most private insurances), and private pay rates available. Contract services in art or music therapy are also available to community organizations.
- Gaelynn P. Wolf Bordonaro, Ph.D., Â ATR-BC, Director, Emporia State University Graduate Art Therapy Program, Director, Art Therapy Services and Consulting, Clinical Director, Communities Healing through Art (CHART), Board of Directors, American Art Therapy Association, 850.980.3583, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- The mission of Communities Healing trough Art (CHART) is to assist and support academic and community institutions, in the United States and abroad, in the development of art therapy programs and curricula. As Clinical Director, Gaelynn in actively involved in CHART's major initiatives, including programming in Haiti, Thailand, India, South Africa, the US mid-west, and the Gulf Coast of the United States.